"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Drover

clip_image001
A  drover, who just moved to Queensland  from Victoria walks  into a bar and orders 3 glasses of  XXXX.
He  sits in the back of the room, drinking  a sip out of each one in  turn.
When  he finishes them, he  comes back to the bar and orders three more. 
The bartender approaches and tells the  drover,
"You  know, a glass goes flat after I draw it.   It  would taste better if  you bought one at a time."
The cattleman  replies,

"Well, you see, I have two  brothers.
One's  in 'Tassie' , the other one's a 'sand groper'.  (lives in West Aust)
When  we all left our home in Echuca', we  promised that we'd drink this  way
to  remember the days when we drank together.   So  I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers  and  one for myself."


The bartender admits that  this is a nice custom and  leaves it there.
The drover becomes a  regular in the bar and  always drinks the same  way.
He  orders three mugs and drinks them in  turn.

One  day, he comes in and only orders two  mugs.
All  the regulars take notice and fall  silent.
When  he comes back to the bar for the second round,  the  bartender says,

"I  don't want to intrude on your grief,  but  I wanted to offer my condolences  on your loss."


The drover looks quite  puzzled for a moment, then  a light dawns in his eyes and  he laughs.


"Oh, no, everybody's just fine,"  he explains.
"It's  just that my wife and I joined the Salvation  Army and  I had to quit drinking."
"Hasn't affected my  brothers  though.".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .