"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Easy scam that is cleaning out bank accounts of Mr and Mrs Average like you and me.


This scam is no joke

It just happend to me. Marg, called me to tell me she was booking us on our holiday accomdation via the internet using Agoda. When I read my email a bit later I figured she had been scammed into paying $969.48 for something
with her PayPal.

In the Transaction Advise (which looks so authentic) I saw we had time to get it sorted out and was about to click and see how to. 

But lucky I didnt. Tricksters are now so clever to get your personal details like passwords  to bank accounts. So I hestiated and instead took a closer visual look before I just deleted it.

DON'T CLICK ON ANY LINKS .. JUST HOVER OVER THEM AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I SAW AND WHERE THEY REALLY GO -

I am not even sure if the blog will pick up the underlying links, but take my word for it, thEY don't go to PalPay

Cheers
Gordon

Here is the content >>>>









clip_image001[4]
Transaction ID: 65968504
Hello gordon.wood@mymailaddress.com,
You sent a payment of $969.48 USD to  Mark Horne




Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, Log In to your PayPal account.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller
Tim.Clifton@yahoo.com
Note to seller
You haven't included a note.
Shipping address - confirmed
419-4138 Pharetra Rd.
NY 13104-9402
United States
Shipping details
The seller hasn't provided any shipping details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
1927 Supermarine S.5 & Gloster seaplane Schneider Trophy Race Photograph
Item# 713168674
$969.48 USD 23 $969.48 USD
clip_image002[4]
Shipping and handling $0.00 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total $969.48 USD
Payment $969.48 USD
Issues with this transaction?
You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center.
Questions? Go to the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/help.
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click Help in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
You can receive plain text emails instead of HTML emails. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your account, go to your Profile, and click My settings.
PayPal Email ID PP301

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .