"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wal-Mart senior greeter

Charley, a new retiree-greeter at Wal-Mart, couldn't seem to get to work on time.  Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late.  But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp-minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.
One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang-up job when you finally get here; but your being late so often is quite bothersome."
"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."
"Well good, you are a team player.  That's what I like to hear.  
Yes sir, I understand your concern and I will try harder.
Seeming puzzled, the manager went on,  "I know you're retired fromclip_image002 the Armed Forces.  What did they say there if you showed up in the morning late?"
The man looked down at the floor pensively, then said with a grin,
"They usually saluted and said, Good morning, Admiral, can I get your coffee, sir?
(DD-EPCB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .