"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tough Love

Most people now-a-days think it improper to discipline children, so, years ago, I tried other methods to  control my children, Sarah and Jonathan, when they had one of  'those  moments.'

As a pilot, I found it very effective if I simply took the offending child for a flight in whatever aircraft I was flying at the time, during which I would say nothing and give the child the opportunity to  reflect on his or her behavior.

I don't know whether it was the steady vibration from the engines, or just the time away from any distractions such as TV, etc., but 
either way, my children usually  calmed down and stopped misbehaving after our flight together.

I believe  that eye to eye contact during these sessions was an important element in  achieving the desired results. 

As an example, I've included a  photo below of one of my sessions with my son, Jonathan, in case you would like to use  this technique.  It also works well in  cars.

clip_image001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .