"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Xmas Divorce

A  man in Scotland calls his son in   London the day before  Christmas Eve and says, “I hate to ruin your day  but I have to tell you that your mother  and I  are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is  enough.”

'Dad,  what are you talking about?' the son  screams.


“We  can't stand the sight of each other any longer” the  father says.
“We're  sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this,  so you call your  sister in Leeds and  tell her.”

Frantically,  the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.  “Like hell
they're  getting divorced!” she shouts, “I'll take care of  this!”

She  calls Scotland  immediately, and screams at her father “You are  NOT
getting  divorced.  Don't do a single thing until I get  there. I'm calling my brother  back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then,  don't do a thing, DO  YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up.
The old man  hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. 'Sorted! 

They're coming  for Christmas - and they're paying their own  way.'

 

(From the collection of Michael and Dawn Dean )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .