"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Kabul Kid becomes a Liverpool League Star but lets his Mum down

The Liverpool manager flies to Kabul to watch a young  Afghani play football. He is impressed and arranges for the  player to come over.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 2-0 down to  Newcastle with only 20 minutes left. The manager gives the young Afghani  striker the nod, and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation. He scores 3  goals in 20 minutes and wins the game for Liverpool . The fans are  delighted, the players and the  coach are delighted and the media  love the new star.

When the player comes off the pitch he phones his  mum to tell her about his first day in English football.'Hello  mum, guess what?' he says 'I played for 20 minutes today,  we were 2  - 0 down but I scored 3, they call it a hat-trick, and we  won.

Everybody loves me, the fans, the press, they all love  me.'

'Just wonderful,' says his mum, 'Let me tell you about my day  …

Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were ambushed  and assaulted, she would have been raped but for a passing police  vehicle.

Your brother has joined a local gang of looters and set fire  to some buildings and all while you tell me that you were having a great  time!!'

The young lad is very upset. 'What can I say mum, but I'm  really sorry.

Sorry?!!! Sorry?!!!' says his mum. 'It's your  bloody fault we came to Liverpool in the first  place!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .