"Humour for all Occasions" is about friends sharing stories. Please enjoy & get more on "Learning About Business" at Performance Controller.com.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

MEN DO REMEMBER ANNIVERSARIES

imageA woman awakes during the night to find that her husband was not in their bed. 
She puts goes downstairs and finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a coffee in front of him, deep thought, just staring at the wall. She watches him wipe a tear from his eye then sips his coffee.

'What's the matter, dear?' she whispers, 'Why are you down here at this time of night?' 
The husband looks up from his coffee.

I am just remembering when we met 20 years ago and began dating. You were only 16. Do you remember?' he says solemnly. 
The wife is touched to tears at her husband.  'Yes, I do' she replies.

The husband pauses. The words were not coming easily... 
'Do you remember your father catching us in the back seat of my car?' 
'Yes,!' said the wife, lowering herself into a chair beside him. 
The husband continues. And  he shoved the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either marry my daughter, or I you will go to jail for 20 years?'

'I remember that too' she replies softly. 
He wipes another tear from his cheek and says... 
'I would have been released  today. '

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated when clean and relevant .